* Use frozen vegetables and fruits to dry, these have already gone through the preparing and blanching process and will save a lot of time.
* Use canned fruits such as peaches, pineapple and pears to save the time of preparing the fruits.
* For the vegetarian jerky use the Vegetable Steaks or vegetarian meat of your choice and marinate them in your choice of spices (soy sauce, Cajun spices, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, etc.)
* To keep the smaller fruits and vegetables from falling through the holes in the trays use mosquito netting cut to fit the tray.
* If you know you will be doing a lot of camping and will need quite a bit of dried food over the season, go ahead and dehydrate everything you think you will need at the beginning of the season. That way it will be ready to grab and go.
* If you are teaching this honor to a group of people, round up every dehydrator you can find. If possible use one for every four people.
* If time is short when you are teaching this honor - dehydrate samples of the food you will be drying ahead of time, that way once everyone is finished putting the food in the dehydrators you can start the cooking.
* Links below: